Step 1: The Beanie Hat: Measuring and Marking
2. Next measure 10 inches across the bottom starting at one of the side seams and mark it.
3. Make another mark in-between these two points, and measure up 8 inches.
4. Make sure you secure the area with a few pins to avoid shifting.
5. Next draw a dome shape connecting the three points.
Step 2: The Beanie Hat: Sewing and Finishing
7. Using a tight zigzag stitch, sew along the line.
8. Take out your pins and trim off the excess fabric.
9. Turn it inside out and try it on. Now you have a sweet new hat!
Step 3: The Poncho: Shaping
2. Then cut along the line.
3. Cut off the sleeves and all the down along the edge to the bottom of the sweater.
4. And repeat to the other side.
Step 4: The Poncho: Finishing
6. Then just hem the edge with a zigzag stitch to create a "lettuce edge" and you've got yourself a poncho.
Step 5: The Mittens: Shaping
2. Get a friend to trace around your hand, and secure the two layers together with a few pins inside your mitten shape.
3. Cut out the shape. Again remember to cut about 1 inch outside of your drawn line.
Step 6: The Mittens: Finishing
5. Trim of the excess fabric along the edge.
6. Turn them inside out, and you've got new mittens!