Introduction: How to Make a Shrug Wrap Out of an Old Turtleneck
Do you have big old turtlenecks lying around that you would never wear? Well, Threadbanger can help you turn that old thing into a brand new shrug wrap! Use your cutting and serging skills to create a new/old sweater that has a sash you can wrap around your waist. For more DIY style, subscribe to Threadbanger on iTunes!
Step 1: Cutting the Turtleneck
1. Take your turtleneck and fold it in half and mark it to find the midpoint of the body section.
2. Then cut all the way up the front.
3. Cut the bottom section off starting 2 inches below the armpit.
4. Cut both arms into three-quarter sleeves.
Step 2: Serging the Edges
5. Serge around the front and collar.
6. Make the sleeves tighter by serging along the bottom of the sleeves and the side of the shirt.
7. Serge along the top of the sleeve, stopping where the collar starts.
8. Serge around the opening of both sleeves.
Step 3: Creating the Sash
9. Take your leftover fabric and cut strips that measure 3 inches by 6 inches.
10. Serge the sections together one by one until you have a sash that you can wrap around your midsection twice, then tie in a bow and have extra hanging down.
Step 4: Attaching the Sash to the Shrug
11. Take the sash and pin it to the back of the shrug starting in the middle and going all the way around the front on both sides.
12. Serge the sash and shrug together starting at the very end of one side of the sash and going all the way to the other end.
13. Serge all along the bottom of the sash and down both ends.
14. And you are so finished! Now just go rock it with your bad self!