What You'll Need:
A garment that needs sprucing
An image or idea for your applique
fuseable web paper
Step 1: Starting Up
2. Decide on an image you want to use to give this garment some extra flare. Draw it out on a thick piece of paper, and cut it out. We used the tree motif, but if you don't have a lot of time on your hands, and you don't want to go completely crazy, chose a more simple shape.
Step 2: The Shape
4. Get a piece of fabric, large enough to hold your image. This is the fabric that you will actually use to put on your garment, so chose something you like.
4. Place the fabric right-side-down, and the fuseable web paper on top of that, smooth side up.
5. Using the silk setting on your iron, iron the pieces together about 5 seconds on each spot. Make sure you check the fuseable web package before you begin to get specific instructions. And, DON'T USE STEAM! It will ruin your image.
6. Once everything is fused together, cut out your image.
Step 3: Attaching Your Applique
8. Iron the fabric to the garment until it is all fused together, and easy to sew.
9. Then using a zigzag stitch sew around the entire thing, and you have yourself an awesome new look for your garment!