Step 1: Brainstorm
Some questions to ask yourself are:
- What do I want my podcast to be about?
- How an I going to present this?
Planning Your podcast is the most essential step in the process.
Step 2: Pre-Production
Now is the time you want to be thinking about equipment.
If you are doing an audio podcast, you will need:
- Mixing Desk (optional)
- Quiet place to record
- Computer with good sound card / Digital recorder with USB out
- Video camera (that you can connect to your pc) or A Decent Webcam
- Tripod (optional, but recommended)
- Microphones (optional, but can be useful)
- Quiet but well lit place to film
Step 3: Let's Make This Thing
Don't worry if you stuff up, just keep going. You probably won't get it perfect on the first go, and it can be frustrating, but don't give up. It will be easier with another person, but don't be worried if you don't have someone to fall back on. In the end, you will end up with at least one good take.