Step 1: Parts
- A headset with a *removable* microphone (EX: turtle beach xp500)
- A 2.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable (EX: link)
- A 2.5mm male to 2.5mm male (Like regular chat cable for turtle beach x12)
- An Xbox 360 controller
- A computer (How would you read this??)
- A recording software (EX: audacity)
* This needs to be a 2.5mm input
Step 2: Setup
Take out the removable microphone in your headset
Plug one end of the 2.5mm to 2.5mm cable into the Xbox 360 Controller, and the other end goes into the headset's microphone input.
Plug in the 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable's 2.5mm side into the wired (I said that because I have a wireless connection option also) chat plug in the headset, and the 3.5mm side into your computer's microphone input.