Vintage 80's dress that is desperate for a makeover
additional embellishments of your choice
Step 1: Deconstruction
2. Start the deconstruction of your dress.
3. Begin by cutting off the puffy sleeves, and we decided to set them aside for later.
4. Then cut off the skirt. If you have ruffles on the bottom, as we did, separate the ruffles from the main skirt to get a large piece of flat fabric.
6. Cut out the old boning and save to use later.
Step 2: The Corset Pattern
8. Go to the Blog at Threadbanger.com and look at the corset pattern used in the Valentin's Day Episode [(http://www.threadbanger.com/episode/THR_20080208) Valentin's Day Episode]. Print out the pattern on a large piece of paper, and cut it out.
9. Flip your fabric wrong-side-up and trace your corset pattern, connecting the front so it will lace up in the back.
10. Cut it out about one inch outside the line to leave room for seem allowance.
11. Repeat steps 7-10 to create another corset shape.