I will be showing step by step instructions on how to upload a picture on Instagram. Instagram is a popular photo app that allows its users to upload pictures for their friends to view. Instagram is an enjoyable, and easy social media tool people can use to connect with friends. After following these instructions, uploading a picture on Instagram will be simple. Prior to following these instructions, you will need to download the Instagram App from the App-Store. The only previous knowledge you will need before starting is how to turn your phone on.
Step 1: Touch Instagram App on Screen
Find the light brown Instagram App on your screen and select it.
Step 2: Select Blue Square at Bottom of Screen
Select the blue square that is located in the bottom center of the screen.
Step 3: Take Picture
1. Direct camera phone at desired area.
2. Touch the blue circle at bottom of the screen to capture picture.
Step 4: Select Desired Effects
1. Choose orientation by selecting the square with an arrow around it.
2. Choose frame and color effect by selecting the square with scalloped edges.
3. Select the tear drop for blurred effect.
4. Select the sun for lighting effects.
5. When done, click the green NEXT button in the top right hand corner.
Step 5: Write Caption
1. Put curser in large white box that says ADD A CAPTION.
2. Type your message.
3. Add hashtags and emoji's
Step 6: Tag People
1. Select the option under the caption box that says ADD PEOPLE.
2. Touch the photo.
3. Type in persons name.
4. Select their name from the list of people.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 until desired people are tagged.
6. When finished, select DONE in upper right hand corner.
Step 7: Post Picture
When finished, select green SHARE button in upper right hand corner.
Step 8: Wait for Picture to Load
Depending on internet connection, you might have to wait a minute for the picture to post. It will say at the top of the screen that the picture is finishing posting.
Step 9: Finished
You have now completed all the steps it takes to post a picture on Instagram. To view the posted picture, go to your profile. You can access your profile by clicking the square button in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.