Step 1: Modeling the Main Body
1. Create a rectangle that is 12.5 x 4 inches. Next, extrude it 2 inches.
2. On the back face of the main body, create a reference line that is 1.25 inches long off of the top right corner of the face. Then, off of the line create a rectangle that is .25 x .3 inches, and extrude it through the entirety (all) of the main body. This is our acrylic divet.
3. On the bottom of the main body, create a rectangle 1 inch out and .4 inches down that is 1.2 x 2.1 inches and filleted .125 inches. Then, create another rectangle that is .9 inches apart from the first one. Extrude them both .9 inches inward. These will be our battery pockets.
4. Now we will create a pocket for our switches. On the face in the XZ plane on the far side of the acrylic divet, create a rectangle that is .75 x 5 inches and filleted .25 inches. Our reference lines are .5 inches up and 1.125 inches out from the bottom right corner. We will the then extrude this .06 inches. Then, 1.772 inches out from the right hand side our plate hole, we will make a rectangle that is .75 x 2.4 inches. We will then extrude this rectangle 1 inch inward.
5. We will now connect all our pockets through channels, so that we can deliver the wires from the battery pockets to where our switches will eventually lie. To link our battery pockets, we will make a small rectangle which when extruded through will join our pockets. My rectangle is .45 inches up from the bottom and .2 across. In the next pocket, we will create another small rectangle that is .25 x .2 inches and extrude it 1.5 inches. Now, we will change the View to "Shaded with Hidden Edges." We will then draw a rectangle along the cut marks which, when extruded, will cause our channel to meet with the pockets for our switches.
6. Back on the bottom face of the main Body, we will create a rectangle that is 3.5 x 11.5 inches, using reference lines that are .5 inches out and .25 inches down. We will then extrude this rectangle .2 inches inward. Now, from the corners (indicated by where the cursor "snaps green" when hovered over) we will create 4 circles with .25 inches diameter that are .25 inches out and up, and extrude these .5 inches inward for our screw holes.
This completes the model of the Main Body!