Step 2: Background: How the Wireless Doorbell Receiver Works
1. The Radio Receiver: This section filters and amplifies the incoming radio signal.
2. The Decoder Array: This array of jumpers is used to set either the device's tuning frequency or the security code on the IC chip. This helps to prevent it from interfering with other nearby wireless devices.
3. The IC Chip: The IC Chip monitors the incoming signal and detects when the button on the transmitter has been pressed. When the signal is detected, it sends a tone to the speaker.
4. The Volume Control: This is a simple transistor amplifier that uses a variable resistor to set the speaker volume.
5. The Speaker: The speaker is a plain 0.25W speaker. It is wired between the positive supply voltage and the volume control transistor.