Picture Source: http://skateboard.about.com/od/skateboardinglifestyle/tp/Skateboarding_World_Records.htm
Step 1: Go to Your Local Skateboard Shop and Purchase the Supplies
•1 skateboard deck
Skateboards decks come in different sizes depending on the size of your foot and skating preference. The size of the skateboard is measured by its width and is typically around 8 inches.
• 2 skateboard trucks
Comes with 1 bolt for each wheel
• 4 skateboard wheels
Skateboard wheels come in different sizes and hardnesses. Figuring out these your preference will come with experience.
• 8 skateboard wheel bearings (1 package)
Skateboard bearings come in abec-3, abec-5, and abec-7. Abec-7 is the fastest while abec-3 is the slowest.
• 1 strip of grip tape bigger than surface area of the skateboard deck
• 2 skateboard riser pads
• 8 bolts and 8 screws (1 package of hardware)
Picture Source: http://favim.com/image/205294/
Step 2: Apply The Griptape
1. First take the protective plastic sheet off the grip tape like a sticker. Don’t throw it away because you will use this in a moment.
2. Next place the grip tape over the skateboard and apply it as evenly as possible. Be sure to cover the entire skateboard.
3. Use the plastic sheet to rub down the grip tape so it is pressed firmly against the skateboard in all places.
4. If there are any bubbles in the grip tape pop them with a needle and rub them down. They will be left unnoticed.
Picture Source: http://powderpropaganda.com/2012/07/09/the-how-to-on-setting-up-your-skateboard/