Introduction: How to Backup and Restore Android Phone/Tablet
As we all known, files like contacts, call logs, text messages, apps etc. stored on Android phone/tablet are not very easy to be manually transferred/backed up to PC or Mac. Fortunately, there are lots of android backup apps available to do the job.
This is a step by step guide about how to backup and restore android on computer with assistant from a powerful android backup application - Jihosoft Android Phone Manger. The software is specially designed for android users to backup and restore SMS, contacts, call history, photos, videos, music etc. from android to PC/Mac.
Step 1: Get Jihosoft Android Phone Manager and Run It
- On your PC or Mac, download the Android manager windows/mac version from here.
- After installation, double clicking the icon to launch it.
- Plug your android device to computer with USB cable.
Step 2: Enable Developer Options to Make Android Accessible
Most of android devices can be enabled USB debugging as below ways:
- For Android 2.3 or earlier: Go to "Settings" -> "Applications" -> "Development", then check "USB debugging".
- For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Go to "Settings" -> "Developer options" -> Check "USB debugging".
- For Android 4.2 or newer: Go to "Settings" -> "About Phone" < Hit "Build number" for several times until getting a note "You are under developer mode", Then go back to "Settings" -> "Developer options" ->Check "USB debugging".
Note: if you are HTC one user, then you need to navigate to "Settings" -> "About" -> "More"-> "Build Number" to become a developer, then enable usb debugging as the below steps.
Step 3: Backup Wanted Files From Android
- After your device is connected and identified, mark the wanted content -> click “Backup Now”-> choose backup destination to save the backup folder.
- Wait for a while for the backing up process, when it is done, you will receive the prompt message.
Step 4: Restore Lost/Deleted Data With Android Backup
If you accidentally lost/deleted files on your android device, with the backup files you just made by Jihosoft Android phone manager, you can do the recovery easily.
- Connect android to computer, run the software and enable USB debugging on your android.
- Click “from backup” button on the right corner.
- Select backup folder and wanted file after the android device is connected, then tap “Restore Now”.
- When the restoring process finishes, you’ve done.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.