This document will serve as a guide to aid one in their attempt to become a famous rapper. Steps will be provided for one to hone their rapping skills as well as creating a marketable image for themselves. This guide is geared toward those who are willing to make big changes to their life in order to achieve rapping success. This is not a guide for those who want to start rapping as a hobby, just so they have something to pre-occupy themselves in the weekends.
Before you claim that you are ready to make the proper sacrifices there a few things that you must be warned about:
1. Rapping is very competitive, you will most likely be brutally insulted by those who you are competing against, as well as the masses if you show any sign of vulnerability or lack of effort within your music.
2. Being involved in the rap game is a full time job, it must be your main priority. If you have other large goals, such as a college degree in mind, your chances of success will be greatly reduced.
3. If by the infinitely small chance you actually end up being a famous rapper, you will be required to constantly improve your rapping skill or you will soon be forgotten and lose everything that you worked for.
4. Finally, you must be aware that being famous will provide you with constant opportunities to cause yourself harm, wether it be though drugs, alcohol, or numerous other vices. If you do not feel that you are strong enough to constantly resist temptation you should find a new goal.
Continue onto the first step of the guide if you feel as though you can mentally handle this life of excess, where your every move will be watched, you will be intensely busy between creating new music, touring the world, and you will most likely lose contact with most of the friends/family that you now have.
Step 1: Step 1 - Rapping Skillz
First you must work on developing your rapping talent, if you are unable to make music that people will pay to hear then you will be guaranteed fail.
Start off by writing a lot of songs, the best way to do this is to go onto youtube type in "hip-hop instrumentals" or something along those lines and select a beat that you like. LIsten to the beat though to get a feel for the rhythm, and then just keep replaying the beat while you write your verses. Every so often stop and recite what you have written aloud to make sure that doesnt sound awkward and goes well with the beat.
Keep in mind that you are trying to make a song that is special in some sort of way. Your goal is to make something memorable so that when someone listens to your song they will want to go back and listen to it again later. And if they really like it they will show it to their friends too. This is how music spreads to more people.
Here are some good ways to make your songs memorable:
1.Tell a story with your song, this keeps the listener engaged. It is easy to for one to lose interest in a song if it is focused on a bunch of random generic topics.
2. Make it so your song includes a complex rhyme scheme, its very impressive if a rapper is able to get a point across while having multi-sylable rhymes from line to line.
3. Be original, most artists talk about the same things, so if you focus on something new then your music will sick out in peoples' minds.
The quality or your music will bring people in to listen, but without a good image you yourself will not be memorable.