In this Instructable I will show you how to build a Bicycle Whip Light from some pretty common materials.
This idea came to me as I was working on a similar project for an ATV Whip Light (which I hope to post some time soon.
This is a really good tool for being seen when riding your bike at night. It has 3 different setting that can be used, well four if you count being turned off, we can call that stealth mode).
1. Slow blinking
2. Fast blinking
3. Constant on
Any of these are eye catching and can be seen from a great distance.
I have made a video of it in action but the camera didn't capture it well at all. I don't know if it was the camera or the settings, but the light is very bright at night more so than the movie shows. The small you video window virtually blacks out the light in the demonstration. I am pretty disappointed that you can't see it in the video.
Step 1: Safety Stuff/Awareness
1. You will be using power tools - Wear goggles or other eye protection
2. You will be using glue - Gloves and eye protection
3. Sharp objects and blades - Use intelligence
4. Heat source - Use your asbestos jacket- Just kidding. Just be aware of things being hot and can burn down your house, or you.
5. You will be using your "I-M-A-G-N-I-N-A-T-I-O-N", ok well maybe not since I have done all of the thinking for you.