Step 3: Cutting & Bending Hooks
Using bolt cutters can be a pinch point and will need to be used with caution when cutting.
Aluminum is sharp when cut. Use caution and to not poke yourself when bending hooks.
1. Cut only ONE spoke at the marks you made in step 2.
2. Remove the small aluminum piece near the axle
3. Bend a hook on the small piece of axle you have just removed.
CAUTION! Bending the aluminum piece too much can cause it to break.
Tip: Hold the piece tightly in the pliers and press against a hard surface to make it a little easier to bend.
4. Replace the bent aluminum piece back into the axle.
5. Bend a hook into the small aluminum piece of the rim with pliers or bolt cutters to have a hook at the "cut" end.