The cross shaped one would have moved so much more, but the battery is running out. I'm sure both of them would move much, much more if they were smaller.
Step 1: Items
- Foam Tape
- Vibrating Motor / Motor with an offset weight (a small one)
- Long nosed pliers
- Soldering iron and lead solder
- Watch battery (whatever size you want)
- And some normal sticky tape/cellotape/Scotch tape
- Optional: Braided wire, to wrap the cross-style bot on the join
You could add other cool stuff to them, like googly eyes/antennae etc.
Step 2: Bend the wire to shape
Step 3: Solder the wire together
For the cross shaped vibrobot:
Cross the two pieces of wire over each other in a cross shape. I wrapped some braided wire around the middle of the cross and soldered over that, it makes it a lot stronger.
For the bridge-shaped vibrobot:
Put the two half-circles on the ends of the straight piece of wire. Then solder it together. You shouldn't need to wrap these joins.