Here are the steps on how to cascade multiple SPLITMUX-DVI-4(RT) units to expand the number of video signals to 16, which are simultaneously displayed on a single monitor.
Step 1: Items Required:
- Up to 16 DVI/HDMI video sources
- 1 DVI/HDMI display unit
- DVI and/or DVI to HDMI cables
- USB Type A male to USB Type B male cables
- PS/2 keyboard/mouse or touchpad (USB devices can use the included USB to PS/2 adapter)
Step 2: Steps
The display, keyboard and mouse (or a touch screen monitor) are connected to the output of the master unit. Each input of the master unit must be connected to the output of a slave unit, with each slave unit input connected to a DVI video source.
To simultaneously display video from all 16 sources on a single monitor, all five Quad Screen Splitters (1 master, 4 slaves) must have Quad Mode set as the display mode. This can be done using the front panel interface, keyboard/mouse hotkeys, On Screen Display (OSD), or RS232 control.
The master unit splits the screen into four, with each quadrant displaying video from one slave. Each slave unit will further split its display quadrant into four, with video from each source taking up a sixteenth of the screen. Refer to the diagram above for a visual representation of the configuration.
If less than four Quad Screen Splitters are cascaded, the unused channels on the master splitter will need to be disabled. Example: if two Quad Screen Splitters are cascaded from the master splitter, and connected to inputs one and two, then inputs three and four would need to be disabled.
Step 3: Notes:
- Display modes (Quad, Picture in Picture, Dual, Fullscreen etc.) of slaves and masters can be individually set, combined, and switched when cascading multiple units. Any combination is possible.
- Example set up:
- Master unit: Quad mode
- Slave 1: Picture in Picture
- Slave 2: Fullscreen
- Slave 3: Quad
- Slave 4: Dual
- Use a programmable keyboard for comfortable switching of cascaded units. Refer to the SPLITMUX-DVI-4 manual (page 75) or the SPLITMUX-DVI-4RT manual (page 100) for more information on hotkey switching of cascaded units.
About Network Technologies Inc
Network Technologies Inc (NTI) is a leading manufacturer of high quality IT and A/V solutions. NTI products (extenders via CAT5, audio/video matrix switches, video splitters, KVM drawers, KVM switches, and environment monitoring systems) are designed, manufactured and tested at the company headquarters in Aurora, Ohio, and are backed by a two-year warranty on all parts and labor. For more information, visit: www.networktechinc.com.