Bull: life size. 13 feet long.
- Technique employed to create the sculpture:
- 3D Scanning;
- Digital model processing
- CNC Foam Milling; Finishing
- Bronze casting;
Step 1: Step 1: 3D Scanning
- The higher definition the 3D scanner, the better 3D image capturing quality it is.
- A portable 3D scanner can be very practical for scanning large size objects.
- When scanning small sculptures, it will be helpful to to put the sculpture on a movable platform, which can facilitate the scanning process.
Step 2: Step 2" Digital Model Processing
After scanning, you need to retouch the digital model, fill any broken polygon, fine tune the edges, etc.
This step is essential to create high quality useable digital model for 3D Printing or CNC milling.
Step 3: Step 3: 3D Printing | CNC Milling
Step 4: Step 4: Bronze Casting
We employ sand casting for this work. The result is perfect, with excellent integrity and nice finishing.
Sand casting is for large sized sculptures with few complicated textures. For small sized sculptures, we recommend using lost wax casting.