Many people suffer from some kind of nasal irritation, be it mucus, allergies, an infection, sinus pain or even snoring. While a doctor may prescribe a steroid spray that costs a ton of money and never seems to work, there is a simpler and much more effective way to help your nose and nasal cavity. It's the ancient practice of nasal irrigation - The Neti Pot!
This is not an ad, it just happens to sound like one because I am excited about pouring salt water through my nose.
Step 1: Bennefits and Supplies
(I used it because who doesn't want to pour water through their nose and see what comes out???)
The Neti Pot is reported to have many benefits:
- Removes mucus and pollution of the nasal passages and sinuses
- Helps to prevent respiratory tract diseases
- Daily use relieves allergies, colds and sinusitis
- Cooling and soothing to the mind
- Beneficial in the treatment of headaches and migraines
- Alleviates anxiety, anger and depression
- Removes drowsiness, making the head and sense organs feel light.
- The Neti Pot itself (You can get one for about 10 dollars at a drug or natural foods store. If you don't want to buy one look around the house because chances are, you already have something lying around that is perfect for sticking up your nose. Try a children's sippy cup or even a watering can with a narrow spout. Do you make gravy on Thanksgiving? The Neti Pot sure looks a lot like a fat drippings separator!)
- Warm water
- Non-iodized salt