Using a Neti Pot to clean your nose seems to have all different kinds of effects on people. I felt clean, open and free of mucus after I did it, but since I didn't really have any sever allergies or irritations to begin with I can't report on the validity of those kinds of results.
(I used it because who doesn't want to pour water through their nose and see what comes out???)The Neti Pot is reported to have many benefits:
To use a Neti Pot all you need is:
- Removes mucus and pollution of the nasal passages and sinuses
- Helps to prevent respiratory tract diseases
- Daily use relieves allergies, colds and sinusitis
- Cooling and soothing to the mind
- Beneficial in the treatment of headaches and migraines
- Alleviates anxiety, anger and depression
- Removes drowsiness, making the head and sense organs feel light.
- The Neti Pot itself (You can get one for about 10 dollars at a drug or natural foods store. If you don't want to buy one look around the house because chances are, you already have something lying around that is perfect for sticking up your nose. Try a children's sippy cup or even a watering can with a narrow spout. Do you make gravy on Thanksgiving? The Neti Pot sure looks a lot like a fat drippings separator!)
- Warm water
- Non-iodized salt