In this instructable I'll teach you how to change your vehicles motor oil.
You will need:
1) Motor Oil (the type of oil and oil capacity vary depending on your vehicle, so check your owner's manual)
2) A New Oil Filter (you should change this every time you change your oil)
3) An Oil Pan
4) A tarp, pan, or plastic drop cloth (to protect the ground under your vehicle from oil spills)
5) Shop Towels (in case a quick clean up is needed)
6) A Funnel (for adding the new oil to your engine)
7) Adjustable wrench or socket wrench
8) Oil Filter Wrench
Step 1: Lay Your Tarp
The first step is to lay your ground protection down. Use a heavy object to hold it in place. I've used some wood blocks and a jackstand in this photo.
Step 2: Prepare your Oil Pan
Unscrew the the green cap on the top of the pan. This will allow oil to flow from your vehicle into the container. Then place the pan underneath your vehicle's engine oil drain plug.
Step 3: Remove the Oil Drain Plug
Once you've placed your oil pan underneath your drain plug you will remove the plug with a wrench or a socket depending on the size of your plug. I'm going to use an adjustable type wrench. Once you've removed the plug allow the old motor oil to drain into your pan for about 15 to 20 minutes. When it has completed draining you can replace the drain plug. Do not over tighten the plug as you can damage the mating surfaces on your engine and cause leaks.