In this instructable I'll teach you how to change your vehicles motor oil.
You will need:
1) Motor Oil (the type of oil and oil capacity vary depending on your vehicle, so check your owner's manual)
2) A New Oil Filter (you should change this every time you change your oil)
3) An Oil Pan
4) A tarp, pan, or plastic drop cloth (to protect the ground under your vehicle from oil spills)
5) Shop Towels (in case a quick clean up is needed)
6) A Funnel (for adding the new oil to your engine)
7) Adjustable wrench or socket wrench
8) Oil Filter Wrench
Step 1: Lay Your Tarp
The first step is to lay your ground protection down. Use a heavy object to hold it in place. I've used some wood blocks and a jackstand in this photo.