Cracked or damaged your old face-plate?
Then these instructions are for you!
In these instructions you will learn how to change out the shell on an Xbox 360 wireless controller.
WARNING: The following instructions may void your Xbox 360 controller warranty!
Step 1: Know your parts
1) A current Xbox 360 controller
2) A new back plate
3) A new face plate
4) A new battery pack
5) A new "back" button
6) a new "start" button
7) A Torx T8 Security Screwdriver
Note: Can be purchased here
8) A precise Phillips headed screwdriver
9) A cup to put your screws in
The following items are optional but can complete the look of your Xbox 360 Conroller
NOTE: The face and back plate, back and start buttons,and battery pack were bought as a package on "http://madmodz.com". This site provides many options for new Xbox 360 shells but is not the only source. You can, if you desire, use any face or back plate to complete this project. The options are endless and it is up to YOU the user to decide how you want to customize the shell of your Xbox 360 controller.
Step 2: Preparing your Controller
1) Flip your current controller on its back
2) Remove the empty battery pack and place it somewhere safe
Step 3: Remove the screw underneath the battery pack
1) Puncture though this label using your Torx T8 Security Screwdriver.
CAUTION: DOING SO WILL IN ALL LIKELIHOOD VOID YOUR CONTROLLER'S WARRANTY
2) Remove this screw and place it in the cup you have designated for screw removal.