Introduction: How to Cocoa Print Cookies With Custom Designs
Who would not love to receive a stack of delicious home made cookies? Now, you can go the extra mile by printing customised patterns onto the cookies to suit the personality of the person you're gifting these cookies to. Cocoa printing is a really fun and easy way of printing any pattern onto your favourite sugar cookies. Here, I made these cookies for my boyfriend who is a cat lover, and he loved these!
Step 1: Things You Need:
- Favorite sugar cookie or shortbread dough
- Cookie cutters of desired shape
- Cocoa Powder
- Pastry brush or brand new paint or makeup brush
- Stencils ( ready made or make your own)
To make your own custom stencils:
- Acetate sheet or any kind of clean, food safe thin plastic sheet
- X-acto knife
- CD marker
Step 2: Make Stencils (or Use Readily Available Stencils):
- Draw design onto the acetate/plastic sheet.
- Use the x-acto knife and cut out the design. Your stencil is ready.
Step 3: Print the Cookies
- Roll out the dough and cut it into desired shapes.
- Place the stencil on top of the cookie. Use a pastry brush (or paint brush) to pick up cocoa powder and pat the cocoa powder onto the stencil.
- Lift away the stencil carefully. Do the same for the rest of the cookies, then bake as usual.
With this method, you can make any design. Or you can simply make round or rectangular cookies and print messages on top of the cookie. Your imagination is the limit!