This instructable video was created for the Burning Questions contest, so it's only 15 seconds long, but I'm including a step by step image here as well...the Shepherd's Knot, try it, you'll like it!
- Untangle your extension cord and fold it into 2 even lengths, grab the cord at the center
- Create a simple loop
- Pull the the cord through itself to make a basic knot.
- Reach through and grab up more of the cord and pull it through the loop to create a second loop
- Repeat again and again until you reach the end of the cord
- Now we have a chain of loops ...kind of like a paracord bracelet...which can easily be un-raveled when needed