Introduction: How to Cook the French Mills Crepes Cake
Mills Crepes Cake is a traditional French cake. The most famous Mills Crepes Cake bakery is Lady M Confections in American. Actually, there are just two bakeries at New York City and Los Angeles. That is hard if you want to eat Mills Crepes Cake at home except New York City and Los Angeles. That is why I give this instruction to help people cook Mills Crepes Cake at home. At the same time, it’s the perfect dessert for people who hate to use the ovens because it’s made entirely on the stove.
Step 1: Prepare the Ingredient and Tools
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted with water
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup green tea powdered
For pastry cream:
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 3 whole eggs
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons white wine (Scoth whiskey is ok)
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ·½ tablespoon powdered sugar
a large bowl, some small bowls, a 9’’ non-stick pan.
Step 2: Prepare the Blender of Crepes
1. Put the melted butter and eggs into a bowl and blend until emulsified.
2. Add the flour, milk, sugar and salt to the blender and blend until smooth. Refrigerate half hour.
Step 3: Heat the Pan
1. Heat 9’’ non-stick pan.
2. Butter the pan, and use a paper towel to wipe away the extra butter.
Caution: Not leave too much butter on the pan, and the surface of the pan should be slick without any butter.
Step 4: Cook the Crepes
1. Add 2 tablespoons of batter to the center of the pan, and quickly swirl.
Caution: High temperature prevents the rotation of batter. Low temperature prevents the freezing of batter. Try a few times and get a suitable temperature.
2. When the crepe no appears wet on top, use your fingers or slice to flip the crepe. Wait 15-20 seconds on the second side. Transfer the cooked crepe to a plate. Then repeat step 5 to 7 until run out of blender.
Warning: The edge of the crepe should be dry enough and not be too hot, careful not to touch the pan and burn yourself.
Step 5: Cook the Cream
1. Make the cream. Add the milk, eggs, sugar and cornstarch into a bowl and blend until smooth.
2. Heat the mixture with low temperature while stirring constantly until mixture reaches 160 degrees F or 71 degrees C. Add the white wine and cool completely.
3. Add the sugar and whip the cream in other bowl. Continue whipping until cream holds firm peaks.
Caution: Avoid over whip the cream when the fat separate with water.
4. Mix the cream and mixture of milk.
Step 6: Assemble the Cake
1. Put a crepe on a plate. Then add some cream. Repeat and finish your cake. The top doesn’t need cream.
2. Refrigerate your cake at least 4 hours or overnight.
Step 7: Enjoy Your Cake
1. Sprinkle a few green tea powders on the top of cake. You can add anything you like to decorate your cake.
2. Enjoy it!
Step 8: Conclusion
Congregation! When the cream freezes, your cake is completed. Milles Crepes Cake boasts smooth and gentle taste. The green tea powder will balance the sweet and bitter. You just need a cup of coffee and have a perfect teatime or dinner dessert. Of course, if you don’t like the flavor of green tea, just change the caramel or anything you like.