Note: Takes considerable time.
Step 1: Equipment and Materials
Invisible Scotch Tape
3 Clear Straws
Plastic Sandwich Bag
Step 2: Straw Pieces
Step 3: Folding the Dollars
2. Fold the bill back and forth to create fan pleats.
3. Fold the fan in half, as shown in the picture.
Step 4: Preparing the Ribbon
2. Clench the ribbon in half and crease as shown in the picture.
3. Double knot the closed end - this is where the money lei will begin.
Step 5: Adding the First Bill
2. Make two knots to hold the bill in place. The bill does not have to be tightly held.
3. Affix a small piece of tape on one end and attach it to the other end. Repeat on the other side to complete a fanned circle. Don't be afraid to maneuver the bill to keep the center in place.
Step 6: Continuing the Lei
2. Place another bill in-between the two ribbons.
3. Repeat how to tie and tape the bill as described in the previous step.
4. Continue adding straws and bills until 100 $1 bills are secured.
5. When the 100 $1 bills are completed, tie the lei together and cut off the excess ribbon - this is where a decorative ribbon can be attached.