1. Mist damp hair with spray gel: Concentrate on the root area. In this video we use the Pantene Pro-V Root Lifter Spray gel.
2. Add texture using the "money" technique: While blow drying the hair with one hand, use the other hand to spread the hair using the same hand motion you would if you were counting money.
3. Curl random pieces of hair: Using a medium-barrel curling iron, curl random sections of hair. Don't curl all the hair and don't use the same size sections; keep it random!
4. Clip up top section and start teasing: Using a teasing comb, create a little pact in the hair to make it more pliable.
5. Wrap a bun around your thumb: Wrap the hair around your thumb to create a bun using bobby pins to secure.
6. Criss cross pins to secure hair: Place pins into the 'meat' of the bun, alternating directions to create a secure hold.
7. Set the look with hairspray: Use a medium to thick hairspray to hold the look in place. In this example we've used Pantene Medium-Thick Anti-Humidity Hairspray.
Tip: After a few hours if it flattens down a little bit, give it a lift using a rat tail comb, chopsticks, a pen or something similar.