Introduction: How to Create a Smokey Eye
http://www.styleunited.com/TipsAndTrends/article/How-to-Create-a-Smoky-Eye Creating a smokey eye is often considered one of those sophisticated, amazing makeup techniques only the pros know how to do. But it's not that hard if you break down the process.
1. Prepare your face: Put on moisturizer and any foundation; apply concealer on your eyelids to prime them; add blush.
2. Start with the base shadow: Cover your lid and the crease with a medium shade.
3. Add a darker layer: Work the shadow in the upper third of the lid, starting at the outside.
4. Add the darkest layer: Using a contour brush, work the darkest color into the crease, making a "V" around the outside corner.
5. Finish with the highlighter: Sweep on the brow bone and the inner corners of the eye.
6. Apply eyeliner: Apply along the top edge of the upper lash line and bottom edge of lower lash line.
7. Soften: Use a contour brush to soften the eyeliner, and a sponge or cotton swab to clean up any stray marks.
8. Finish: Curl lashes, add mascara and any lip color.
TIP: You can make a smokey eye with any color family. The secret is to go from lighter to darker shadow as you go from lid's lower edge to crease.