How many of you have had your hair curled with a flat iron at the salon only to have it fall apart by the time you get home? Instead of wishing you had the tools to touch up the hairstyle at home, now you can recreate this look by following these simple steps. If it doesn’t look amazing on the first try just keep practicing!
These instructions will help you achieve beautifully curled hair with your flat iron without having to pay the salon price. In order to make these instructions as useful to you as possible, we are going to give instructions for curly, wavy, and straight hair types. If you aren’t sure of your hair type, please download this hair type chart at http://shenevertells.com/?s=hair+type+chart
To achieve the best style results, please follow the instructions for your hair type.
1. Hair must be at least shoulder length in order to effectively curl hair with flat iron.
2. Do not wash hair directly before styling hair. Your hair produces natural oils that help your style last longer. If you need to wash your hair, do so the night before you plan to curl your hair.
3. If at any point in time you smell your hair burning:
• Make sure that hair is completely dry – placing a hot iron on damp hair will cause it to burn.
• Turn down the temperature setting on your flat iron.