This project details how to change the color of a piece of furniture (in this case, an ikea alex) using plastic spray paint and how to reface drawer fronts using scrap-booking paper.
This project can easily be modified and applied to different types of furniture. In my case, I just resurfaced the drawer fronts with scrapbooking paper, but you can resurface the top, a side, or even the entire surface of a piece if you wished.
I originally showcased this project on my blog.
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
• Ikea Alex (≈$130* ) or other furniture item of your choosing
• 2 Containers of Plaid Mod Podge Hard Coat 8 oz (≈$6 each, $12 total)
• 3 Cans of Krylon Fusion for Plastic in Color of Your Choice - I used Black Satin (≈$5 each, $15 total)
• Dropcloth (≈$1)
• Drawer Liner (≈$10)
• Scrapbooking Paper of Your Choosing (≈$3)
Total Cost Not Including Furniture ≈$41
Total Cost With Ikea Furniture ≈$171
• Razorblade Cutter
• Cutting Mat (Can be as simple as a piece of cardboard!)
• Old giftcard, store discount card, or something similar