Introduction: How to Cut Fringe the Way Authentic Pinata Makers Do
You can find our In Depth Explanation and Teachings from our Authentic Pinateros Techniques Below
Step 1: Tools
Knife ( Knives are good for cutting tissue paper faster and straighter !)
Step 2: Make Folds to Cut Along
Fold tissue paper so you can cut it into strips
- Size of tissue paper we use is 20in x 30in we like to cut it into 4 equal parts however the tissue you get in stores will be different sizes.
- Simply fold the tissue paper into equal long rectangles so there is no excess
-Thickness or length of strips all depends on what your working on
-Use what works best for you
-Generally thin strips make it harder to cut fringe so we suggest cutting the strips at least 2-3inches wide
- If you need thin strips of fringe then cut the strip thinner after you already cut the fringe on the strips
Step 3: Cut Equally
Cut Tissue paper where you make your folds
- You can use a knife or scissors - Scissors work a lot slower and are less accurate. They are also unable to cut through as much tissue paper as a sharp knife.
- We Highly recommend using a long sharp knife to cut. This is the fastest and easiest way to get your strips perfectly straight with ease
- Use Caution when using a knife!
Step 4: Fringe
-Start from the left end of the strip and begin cutting towards the right (If your left handed and this is difficult try it opposite that what we suggested)
-The space in between each cut is all up to you, feel free to experiment with what you like best
Step 5: Complete
Take sheets apart individually and apply to any project.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.