A Local Favorite that I have always enjoyed at home in Hawaii. Great For any occasion and especially good for hot sunny days at the beach when served chilled.
Tools and Ingredients:
1. One Dole Tropical Gold Pineapple
2. Cutting Board
3. Sharp Cutting Knife
4. Li Hing Powder (Optional)
Step 1: Picking the Right Pineapple
Being that not all Pineapples are the same. Here are a few tips to keep in mind in order to hopefully pick a ripe one.
1. A Bright Yellow Gold Color
2. A Mild Pineapple aroma at the base
3. The Pineapple should feel firm with no soft spots.
4. The crown of the pineapple should be proportional to the body of the pineapple.