Tools and Ingredients:
1. One Dole Tropical Gold Pineapple
2. Cutting Board
3. Sharp Cutting Knife
4. Li Hing Powder (Optional)
Step 1: Picking the right Pineapple
1. A Bright Yellow Gold Color
2. A Mild Pineapple aroma at the base
3. The Pineapple should feel firm with no soft spots.
4. The crown of the pineapple should be proportional to the body of the pineapple.
Step 2: Cutting the Pineapple
To do so, lie Pineapple on its side and cut both top (crown) and bottom (base) off.
Step 3: Removing Skin
Then after removing all of the skin, you will find that there are still small black dots (eyes) that need to be removed. This can be accomplished by lying the pineapple on its side and cutting diagonal slices or groves into the pineapple to remove them.
Step 4: Finishing Up
After finishing, place into a container to chill or onto a serving dish and enjoy,
As a local favorite, you can try adding Li Hing Powder to it.