Hi guys, I'm back with another exciting tutorial about the latest Instagram Logo. In this tutorial, I'm going to show you how to design a Logo like new Instagram logo in Photoshop. I didn't find anything special in it BUT I do like the new interface, so I guess it's not all bad. Anyway, let's get started with the tutorial.
Step 1: Create a New Document to Work on
Open a new document and set 1300x1300 pixels size.
Step 2: Creating the First Shape
- Select the Rounded Rectangle Tool, then click on the center and drag the rectangle while holding Alt and Shift. So that the rectangle is created from the center and it maintains its proportions.
- Change the size of rectangle to 700 by 700 pixels.
- Make sure Black is the Fill color.
- Now change the roundness to 163.
Step 3: Creating the Second Shape
- Now again create another rounded rectangle like we did in previous step.
- Change the size of this rectangle to 500x500 pixels.
- Change the roundness to 148.
- Remove the Fill color and create a Stroke.
- Now change the stroke's color to White.
- Change Stroke Width to 60 pt.
Step 4: Creating the Circle Shapes
- Select the Ellipse Tool.
- Click in the center and create a circle of 210 pixels.
- Let it's stroke be 40 pt.
- Now create another circle of 65 pixels in-between second rounded rectangle and circle shape.
Step 5: Making the Gradient Colors Like Instagram
- Double click on the side of the first rounded rectangle —the black one
- Click on Gradient Overlay.
- Click on the drop down menu, and you'll see some gradients there.
- Now click on the last gradient on the right (see photo for reference).
Step 6: Changing the Settings
- Select Radial under Style, and then, click on Reverse.
- Drag the Scale to 150%.
Step 7: Setting the Colors
What we need to do now is just make a few quick adjustments in the already created Logo symbol..
- Double click on the gradient. We need to have pink instead of red, so just click on the swatch and select the pinkish magenta color, and drag the bar.
- Now press OK.
Step 8: Finalizing
- Now uncheck Align With Layer box.
- Press OK to come back to main screen.
Now on main screen press Ctrl+ H to hide the guides.
Step 9: Final Logo
So here you just designed a Logo like instagram in minutes. I know that a lot of different designs are created and a lot of research went into creating this new logo. It wasn't as simple as it seem in this tutorial. Let me know in the comments about this tutorial. Leave your comments and questions below. Also, don't forget to follow me Instructables for more stuff like this. Thank you.