[WHAT NEWBIES ARE MISSING ...]
What is SEO?
SEO [search engine optimization] is where you optimize your website so that Google, Yahoo & Bing search engines can locate your website due to its value and great content and rank it high such as the 1st page of Google [this is HUGE and that is where all the F.R.E.E traffic comes from ;)]
What We`ll Cover:
In this short article, I will be covering the basics of SEO. Things you MUST do to get your website ranked. It is very simple, I am sure you know it, and if you don’t, then get to it.
* This is for newbies ONLY. Advanced marketers will not find something new other than logic here.
SEO, What You Shouldn’t Do:
Don’t take your optimizing too far.
That is because search engines want to rank natural, high quality page-websites, where the quality of the content is informative and helpful.
Beware; if you use any sort of tricks to rank high, the algorithm may locate your website and you`d likely have a penalty. That said, your website will drop in rankings.
Make sure your website is as natural as can be. Focus on the flow of your content, how your articles are categorized, do they make sense or not.
• Ask yourself when someone lands on your site, what are they likely to do first? Or why would they leave? Is it your Design? Content? Or your Products?
Step 1: Step 1: Ensure you write Great Content
You must write articles, manuals of content of unique and great quality.
Okay, so now we move on to the Backlinks.
What are Backlinks?
Backlinks exist when a link on a website other than yours link back to your site. The more backlinks you have, the higher you`d rank. It has been said metaphorically, that each backlink acts as a “vote” to your website.
Why are Backlinks Important?
The search engines detect the number of backlinks and rate your website accordingly.
Back in the days it was easy for anyone to rank high with a few backlinks but now as the SEO techniques became worldwide, people have been gaining hundreds even thousands of backlinks on a daily basis to rank high. This worked for a while bit not anymore. Eventually the search engines got where the marketers are going and so now they are “rating” the quality of backlinks.
If a backlink was low or was misdirected of any kind for example had no relation to the actual content then the site wont rank high.
1) 1 Backlink from a high ranking quality site in your niche is worth MORE than 1000 backlinks from sites of junk.
2) Don`t build 1000 backlinks a day, take your time.
3) Look for links of quality. Weight loss for Wieght loss niches not Golf courses [see what I mean?].
4) NEVER considering purchasing links for backlinks [you`ll get banned definitely with time].
5) Never stop, even if you are on the 1st page [remember, others are always working to get to where you are once you`re there ;)].