a. Dirty clothes
b. Any liquid laundry detergent
c. A washing machine (connected to power and water)
d. The desire to get the job done
1. Separate clothes.
2. Use dial to start the washing machine.
3. Load machine.
4. Add detergent.
5. Close lid.
Step 1: Separate Clothes
1. Light clothes - wash these separately or they will turn gray or, worse, pink
2. Dark clothes - the dye in these clothes tend to bleed onto lighter colored clothes turning them gray or pink.
3. Fragile clothes - guys don't have this pile
IMPORTANT: do not wash your cat in the washing machine - no matter how much she wants to be part of the action.
Step 2: Use Dial to Start Washing Machine
Note: I have set the dial to Heavy wash, 12 minute wash cycle. This really scrubs dirty clothes.
Ladies, most machines have a Gentle setting for your Fragile things.
2. Pull or push to start the water flowing.
Step 3: Load Machine
Open the lid and distribute the clothes evenly within the machine.
Step 4: Add Detergent
Pour detergent into the bowl of the machine under the flowing water.
Step 6: Wait
The washing machine fills with water, scrubs, drains dirty soapy water, fills with water, rinses, drains any remaining dirty soapy water and spins the loose water out of your clothes - ALL BY ITSELF.
It will beep to let you know that the washing is done.
STAY TUNED for future installments.
How to Dry Your Clothes (basic)
How to Wash and Dry Your Clothes (advanced)
How to Convince Someone Else to Do It