Bear in mind: The first time I did this it took me almost a week to do the whole thing. The second time it took a couple of days. But I'm a perfectionist.
Items Necessary: 1) A pair of white canvas shoes. I got mine for twenty dollars at Payless.
-Keep in mind the amount of time you intend to wear them and buy accordingly. I wore my first pair eight hours a day for six months and by the time winter hit the heel was pulling away from one of the shoes. All my hard work down the drain, I should have bought better quality. But it's up to you.
- Also I know that everybody loves converse but if you're like me and wear pants (as oppose to say shorts) all people can see is the toe and it's covered in that ugly white plastic bit that you can't draw on. If you're going to bother drawing on your shoes, flaunt them to the world!
2) Markers - use whatever kind you want but make sure that they're waterproof. I used Prismacolor because they were on sale.
- be wary of markers with fat tips, they bleed easier but tiny marker tips take longer and use more ink. Your call. I like
the medium sized one (you can see it below, the cap is off and it's orange)
3) Paper, Pencil, Eraser -seriously, you need them if you want this to turn out well
4) Some kind of Waterproof Spray - I'm told it's not 100% necessary but why take the risk?