You will need the following:
• Your fabric. In this case the piece for the top of the stocking.
• A piece of stabilizer. Stabilizer prevents the stitching from puckering the fabric.
• A sharp sewing machine needle
• Machine embroidery thread. Rayon is slightly shinier than Polyester but much more expensive. I got mine at http://www.metroemb.com/store/
• Design files on a flash drive
• A threaded bobbin
Step 1: File Setup
Kayelee sent me a zipped file that contained a separate file for each letter and number.
Make a folder on your flash drive called EmbF5 . Place a folder inside that folder called MyDesign. (No Space) Copy the design files that you purchased inside that folder.
Step 2: Fabric Set-up
Determine how large your final words will be and then pick the appropriate size hoop for your project. My project was small, so I choose the A Hoop, the smallest one. My fabric fit in the hoop. Note that if your fabric is smaller than the hoop, you can pin it to a larger piece of stabilizer fabric. The hoop will hold the stabilizer and the pins will hold your fabric. Place the fabric and the stabilizer in the hoop and tighten the screw. Lock the hoop into the machine by matching the holes on the hoop and the machine and turn the knob.