Introduction: How to Enter the Anti-Yo Worldwide Video Yoyo Contest
Winners announced! See who wonhere.
Attention yoyo enthusiasts!
Want to win a $350 limited editionBSP yoyo fromAnti-Yo, before it hits the market?
Instructables is teaming up withAnti-Yo for the Worldwide Video Yoyo Contest, so pull out your video camera and get to work!
Simply post a 30-second video of your best tricks, along with a bit of advice on how to successfully pull them off, and you could win one of only 60 BSP yo-yos ever made, or a $100 gift certificate fromyoyoguy.com oryoyonation.com along with some Instructables gear. The BSP won't even be in stores until the end of February so unless you work for Anti-Yo this is your first chance to get your hands on this titanium beauty.
Anti-Yo has been putting out high-quality yo-yos for the past couple years and the BSP continues their fine tradition of craftsmanship. The BSP is made from titanium with one half coated in zirconium nitrate. The BSP has a Difeo brand Konkave bearing for smoothness and iPads for response. With only 60 of these out there this is indeed a limited edition.
So how do you win it?
What we want to see from you is a 30-second video of your best tricks along with a bit of advice on how to pull one of them off. The advice goes into the text box below the video, so you don't have to worry about crazy voice-overs. You can enter two videos into the contest. Read down the page for more details.
Since Instructables does not host videos, the video must be posted on another video hosting site first. The list of possible sites includes YouTube, yoyoing.com, Google Video, and others . You can see the full list of sites when you start anew video. After it's hosted you will use the embed code to place it onto Instructables.
This is a speed contest so you only have two weeks to get your video in. Don't sleep on this one -- practice hard, and show us what you've got!
PrizesGrand prize (1)
One limited-edition titanium'BSP yo-yo fromAnti-Yo and an Instructables robot t-shirt.
First Prize (2)
$100 gift certificate fromyoyoguy.com oryoyonation.com and an Instructables robot t-shirt.
Second Prize (5)
Robot patch and stickers from Instructables and stickers fromAnti-Yo .
Random Prize (1)
One entry selected at random will win a robot patch and stickers from Instructables and stickers fromAnti-Yo .
JudgingJudging will be done by Kiya and Sonny fromAnti-Yo . While the staff at Instructables are looking forward to seeing all of the entries into the competition, we are happy to leave the judging on this one to the experts.
All contest entries will be judged for merit. Judges will evaluate each Instructable for the following:
- Technical skill
- Usefulness of tip
We'll announce the winners on or around Monday, 4 March 2008.
How to Enter1. Download the contest PDF by clicking on the button below and print it.
2. Make a video of yourself doing tricks. The video must start with a close-up of the printout for a few seconds so it's readable. The rest of the time is completely up to you. You can shoot it all in one take or edit it later and even use slo-mo. Just don't go over 30 seconds.
Note: If you don't have access to a printer, you can putthis image in the beginning with your video editor or shoot footage of the image on your computer screen.
3. Upload the video to your preferred video hosting site.
4. Submit your video to the site. Under "Submit" on the menu you'll see "New Video." Click that or just clickhere.
5. Enter in a descriptive title and add some description in the text box below. You don't need to say it's a contest entry in the title since it'll be entered into the contest later. Something along the lines of "YoYo Trick: Cat's Cradle plus more" will work.
6. The one requirement in the text is that you offer some advice on at least one of the tricks that you show in the video, making sure that it's obvious which trick you're talking about. If you actively participate on a yo-yo forum, you can mention the forum name and your username.
7. Publish the video and click on the contest checkbox to enter it in the contest. You can do it all one more time or just relax and wait to see the results. If you want to change some text, you can edit your entry by clicking the "Edit" button on the top right of the page.
Publish a yo-yo video on Instructables between Saturday, 9 February 12:01 am PST and Saturday, 1 March 2008 at 11:59 pm PST and add it to the Anti-Yo Contest group. Only videos published within these dates are eligible. You may submit up to two (2) videos.
Additional InformationInternational entries are accepted. It is a worldwide challenge isn't it? You win it, you get the BSP, plain and simple. If you're a runner-up, you get a gift certificate and it's the same story.
Step 1: Official Rules
1. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchases are necessary; void where prohibited by law.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables and co-sponsors Anti-Yo, Yoyoguy.com, and Yoyonation.com a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.