Winners announced! See who wonhere!
The holidays are coming!
It's the time to visit the family, give gifts, and prepare for a brand new year.
Instead of asking "what to buy" this year, you should be asking "what to make" for your friends and loved ones. Homemade presents can be truly unique, and avoid the icky question of how much to spend on each person.
Use your skills and imagination to make some wonderful things -- we want to see them!
That's why we're teaming up with our friends from CRAFT magazine to host the Homemade Holidays 2007 Contest.
Enter your crafty and creative item, and win cool stuff from Instructables and CRAFT!
PrizesFirst Prize -- Three (3) winners
CRAFT Boxed Gift Set, an Instructables robot T-shirt, a CRAFT T-shirt, and a laser-cut Robot holiday ornament.
Second Prize -- Five (5) winners
One-year subscription to CRAFT Magazine, an Instructables robot T-shirt, a CRAFT T-shirt, and a laser-cut Robot holiday ornament.
Third Prize -- Ten (10) winners
CRAFT: Volume 5 and a laser-cut Robot holiday ornament.
Slideshow/Video Prize -- Ten (10) winners
CRAFT: Volume 5, a CRAFT T-shirt, and a laser-cut Robot holiday ornament.
How to Enter- Make a great Instructable, slideshow, or video that shows how to make some great presents
- Add your Instructable, slideshow, or video to theHomemade Holidays group
DetailsOnly projects posted since December 1st, 2007 are eligible. If you've already posted a suitable Instructable, make another iteration with improvements and submit it to the contest! Post an improved version of someone else's Instructable with a link back to your source of inspiration!
Any Instructable, slideshow, or video that documents a homemade gift and is added to the Homemade Holidays group is eligible. Bonus points for introduction steps that clearly summarize the project and explain why your gift is perfect for the person receiving it. We'd love to see some neat projects by and/or for kids.
Our new flickr uploader makes it even easier to upload your pictures for Instructables or slideshows.
Project Submission Deadline: All entries must be published and entered in the Homemade Holidays group by 11:59 pm PST January 13, 2008.
Results: Winners will be announced on January 22, 2008.
You can only win one prize per contest, but enter as many projects as you like and cross-post to other contests!
International entries are eligible -- we're happy to ship prizes abroad.
Step 1: Official Rules
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables and co-sponsor CRAFT Magazine a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.