Introduction: How to Enter the Lion Brand Yarn Slideshow Challenge
Winners announced.See who won!
Welcome the new year by sharing your projects and inspiration!
Instructables and Lion Brand Yarn want to help offer some encouragement to finish those lingering projects, as well as an excuse to start and show off some shiny new ones.
Share your finished projects to inspire the rest of us, and you could win a coupon for more free Lion Brand yarn, as well as some neat Instructables gear!
Simply take pictures of your project, share them in an Instructables Slideshow, and briefly explain how and why you made it! If you used a specific yarn or pattern, tell us what you chose, why you like it, and whether you'd do it differently next time.
Check out the Lion Brand patterns if you need some inspiration. You aren't required to use Lion Brand yarn, tools, or patterns to enter this contest -- Lion Brand simply wants to help you share your projects with the rest of the community!
Since this is a short contest, you can help judge!
How to VoteCheck out all the projects here, and click on the "+" ratings button in the top right-hand corner of the project page to register a vote. Vote for as few or as many as you like- it's up to you. Only positive votes count.
You can also view the projects list sorted by rating or by pageviews.
We'll judge based on the standings at noon PST on Monday, February 25, so everyone will have time to see and vote on even the latest entries!
How to Enter-- make something (anything!) out of yarn
-- take pictures of the finished product, including a close-up, and upload them to Instructables (our Flickr uploader makes it even easier!)
-- Create a slideshow with your pictures
-- Tell us what pattern, yarn, and tools you used; bonus points for links when possible.
-- Add your slideshow to the Lion Brand Yarn group
Prizes10 slideshows will each win a $25 Lion Brand Yarn coupon, and an Instructables patch and stickers. The prizes will be awarded as follows:
-- 5 to slideshows selected by Lion Brand Yarn staff
-- 2 to the slideshows with the highest user ratings
-- 2 to the slideshows with the greatest number of pageviews
-- 1 to a randomly-chosen slideshow
Projects that catch our editors' fancy will be featured in the Lion Brand Newsletter or the Instructables Newsletter.
DetailsProject submission deadline: 11:59pm PST Sunday, 17 February 2008
Audience judging deadline: noon PST Monday, 25 February 2008
Winners announced: noon PST Wednesday, 27 February 2008
-- You may enter as many times as you like, but will win only once.
-- Only US and Canadian residents can win prizes, but the rest of you are welcome to share your projects in the contest group.
-- Entries are eligible for other Instructables contests and challenges.
-- If you're under 18 go ahead and submit your project -- we'll just need your parents' OK if you win.
Step 1: Official Rules
1. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchases are necessary; void where prohibited by law.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables and co-sponsor Lion Brand Yarn a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.