Step 1: ALWAYS Carry a Knife!
Anyone that's Fishing for long periods of time in the outdoors should always carry a knife!!! because you never now when you might need one there are plenty of reasons
- To protect yourself or others from wildlife
- To cut the line if the fish is too big and could potentially pull you in
- To Carve stuff in your canoe/boat if there aren't very many bites
Step 2: Compact & Foldable Chairs
- Because your probably going to be fishing for about 10-12 hours
- Because when your done you can sit around the camp fire on your chair
(Tripod chairs like the picture above, are fantastic because they're Compact, comfy, light)
Step 3: Extra Reel
But imagine on a 3 day vacation to remote lake and you go fishing in a boat for the first hour and your reel just decides to break and you didn't bring another one and have to go home.
so just pay the extra 20-50 dolars and buy an extra one instead of wasting at least $400.
Step 4: Extra Line
Step 5: Tools
- use the net to land the fish
- use the lip gripper to have control of the fish
- pliers to take out the hook
Step 6: Now Plan Your Trip
So Get on Fishing!!!