Introduction: How to Fix a Flat Tire Using a Tire Repair Kit.
This video will show you step by step instructions on how to fix a flat tire using a tire repair kit. You can find different tire repair kits in your local auto parts store.
For more info, tutorials, tips and awesome resources for auto mechanics make sure to visit www.themechanicdoctor.com !!!
Step 1: TOOLS NEEDED:
- Rasp tool
- Needle tool
- Repair plugs ----- These 3 are in the tire repair kit
- Lighter (optional)
- Some tool to inflate tire
- Spray bottle with water and dishwasher soap
1. Remove the wheel with the flat tire from the vehicle.
2. Make sure the tire still has air in it. If not inflate it to the appropriate pressure.
3. Spray the tire with the water/soap solution. Air bubbles will appear where the tire is leaking.
4. Remove whatever caused the flat tire using a pair of cutters.
5. Insert the rasp tool in and out of the tire while turning to clean the hole.
6. Insert the plug in the needle tool.
7. Insert the needle tool and the plug halfway in the tire so the two ends stay out.
8. Pull on the needle tool. The plug should stay in the tire.
9. Cut or burn any excess plug material.
10. Inflate the tire.
11. Re-install the wheel on the vehicle.
If you liked this video and found it helpful feel free to like, share, and comment to help us bring even better content.
For more oil reset and DIY car maintenance tutorials, make sure to visit www.themechanicdoctor.com and to subscribe to our channel!
If you didn't find what you were looking for, send us a message with the model and year of your car and we will get back to you shortly with the best answer we can find.
Also, if you would like to contribute with an oil reset video of your own or any other car related tutorial, just send us an email with your video and we will be glad to credit you or your shop and to include your name or logo in the uploaded video. Here's your chance to get a little more exposure for free! :p
For any question or suggestion, post a comment below or send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.