Introduction: How to Get a Beautiful Updated Ponytail
This video shares some quick tips for two cute, updated ponytail looks.
1. Section off Hair. Make two sections on each side at the front and clip to keep out of the way.
2. Tease Hair. Grab an upper section from the back and tease with a teasing brush. Repeat with other back sections.
Tip: Use the same brush to gently smooth out the teased sections.
3. Pull Hair Into a Ponytail. Add more volume at the crown by pulling hair out and up with the handle of the teasing brush. Pull ponytail snug.
Look 1: Braided Look
1. Braid Hair to the Back. Braid front sections and direct the braid towards the back.
2. Wrap Hair Around Elastic. Take braid and wrap around ponytail to hide elastic. Use two bobby pins to secure. Repeat steps 1 & 2 on other side.
3. Hairspray. Finish with hairspray.
Look 2: Twisted Look
1. Part Hair to Side. Re-part the front sections making a severe side part.
2. Twist Hair to Side. Repeat on other side.
3. Wrap Hair Around Elastic. Pin twisted hair around elastic just like in Look 1. Repeat steps 1-3 on other side.