I've recently painted my bathroom rack that was looking old and unfair! Although painting painting job is full of hassle but before starting I did a bit of research that made the job much easier. Below are the instructions for painting racks that will assist you when you will be doing the same:-
Gather Needed Accessories
following accessories would be required in order to give oil rubbed bronzed look to the rack:-
- Wool Brush
- Old News Paper.
- Vacuum Cleaner.
- Primer Spray.
- American Accents Designer Metallic Spray Paint.
Step 1: Step 1st
Find a well-ventilated area for removing existing paint from the surface. Start with wool brush once the paint is removed you can see the loose paint at the surface, remove that one by using sanding paper.
Step 2: Step 2nd
Clean Sanding Dust: You can see a lot of paint dust over the rack. You need to remove that before going ahead. It is best to use vacuum cleaner for the job.
Step 3: Step 3rd and 4th
Apply Primer Spray and Sanding: Now its time to apply primer but before that it is suggested to make sure the rack is free of dust and dirt as well. Once the primer is applied, create a surface profile by sanding gently.
Apply Spray Paint: Now just start painting your rack with american accents oil rubbed bronze. Below are the instructions that you should follow for primer and paint application.
Instructions for Paint and Primer Application
- Shake well aerosol cane before starting.
- The distance between cane and surface should be constant during application.
- Cane should be in motion while spraying.
- Always spray where there proper ventilation is present.
- Aerosol sprays are flammable so be away from fire or extreme hot while spraying.