Introduction: How to Identify ₹2000 Note
The base color of the note is magenta. The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall color scheme, both at the obverse and reverse.
Step 1: Observe Frontside
These Observations are set by RBI
The salient features of the banknotes will be as under :-
1. See through register with denominational numeral 2000
2. Latent image with denominational numeral 2000
3. Denominational numeral २००० in Devanagari
4. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the center
5. Micro letters ‘RBI’ and ‘2000’ on the left side of the banknote
6. Windowed security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’, RBI and 2000 on banknotes with colour shift. Colour of the thread changes from green to blue when the note is tilted
7. Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right
8. Denominational numeral with Rupee Symbol, ₹2000 in colour changing ink (green to blue) on bottom right
9. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (2000) watermarks
10. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side
Step 2: For Visually Impaired
Intaglio or raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, bleed lines and identity mark
11. Horizontal rectangle with ₹2000 in raised print on the right
12. Seven angular bleed lines on left and right side in raised print
Step 3: Reverse (Back)
13. Year of printing of the note on the left
14. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan 15. Language panel towards the center 16. Motif of Mangalayan 17. Denominational numeral २००० in Devanagari Dimension of the banknote will be 66 mm × 166 mm
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.