"I have burned 5 wii games succesfully using Imgburn and my laptops intergrated dvd burner. What Imgburn does by changing the booktype is it tricks the wii into reading the DVD+R disk as a DVD-R disk. I dont know if all DVD drives suport it but you go to burn an image and pop in you disk then check the information it should be at DVD+R default. What you do is click on a little yellow open book icon and find your brand of DVD Burner then you change your booktype to DVD-ROM."
** I am not responsible for your wii, and if you dont follow my instructions exactly, your wii may break.**
A video of one of the songs i replace later in the instructable: Welcome home.
In this instructable, you will learn how to install custom songs into a guitar hero 3 legends of rock or guitar hero Aerosmith iso, which can be played on a hard or soft modded nintendo wii. if you dont know what wii homebrew is, or have never heard of a mod chip, Thundaboy1047 would be happy to explain how to homebrew enable your wii. Click here to get to his instructable, and once you have succsefully gotten your wii homebrew enabled, it needs to be able to run backups. A backup is basically the iso taken from an official disk burned to a blank dvd-r. thundaboy also has an ible on this, located right here . after you are done there, you are ready to move to the next step. if you have a modchip, just goto step 1.
Step 1: Supplies list
1. A wii capable of running homebrew.
2. a computer capable of burning data to a dvd-r. you can download imgburn here .
3. a program called "the ghost". you can download that by going to this page.
4. For the ghost to run, you need codecs. codecs allow your computer to encode, decode, and play music and video of various file extension formats. im sure you have heard of mp3, or mp4, but have you ever heard of ogg audio, or flv video? when you download frets on fire song packs use ogg audio and if you dont have the codecs installed, ghost will not function. period. Vista for windows vista. XP for windows xp. if you have linux with wine installed, you may be able to use the ghost, but unfortunately for mac users, ur screwed cus the ghost isnt made for mac... at least not that im aware of. you can google the ghost mac and see what pops up.
5. A guitar hero 3 or aerosmith nintendo wii ISO file. i dont think that i am legally allowed to distribute a link for this one because that would make me a "piracey promoter" and im a good person. i owned my game before i dumped it.
6. Some frets on fire song folders. go here, make an account, and browse by artist to get song folders.
next step -->