If you can weild a couple of knitting needles, manage a knit and purl stitch... and have a desire to rule the world... this should be a simple task.
Step 1: Materials Needed
Size 4mm knitting needles
Yellow, Blue, Black, and Grey DK Yarn.
1 goggle eye
Needle to sew it up
Crochet hook to make the front of the pants.
You won't need a lot of each yarn. The most is the yellow, and less than 50gm is needed.
stst - Stocking Stitch. Alternating rows of Knit and Purl Stitches
k - knit
p - purl
k2tog - Knit 2 Together
Step 2: Legs
Cast on 10
Stst 4 rows in black
Stst 6 rows in blue
Slide 2 legs together
Step 3: Body
Stst 9 rows blue
Stst 22 rows yellow
Stst 3 rows black
Stst 9 rows yellow
K2 tog over whole row
Purl whole row
K2 tog over row. Cut yarn, thread stitches onto yarn, pull tight.
Step 4: Overall Front
Using a crochet hook, pick up 9 stitches on the front of the minion, in the last row of blue.
Stst 9 rows
Step 5: Eye Surround, Arms, and Straps
Cast on 4 stitches in grey.
Stst 23 rows
(You can use icord for this. You may want to google how to do this, as it involved double pointed needles, and in my experience, getting caught up in your knitting and going slightly crazy)
Arms - make 2
Cast on 12 in yellow
Stst 10 rows yellow
Stst 4 black
K2 tog over row, cut yarn, thread stitches onto yarn, pull to tighten.
Straps - make 2
Cast on 3 in blue
Stst 34 rows
Step 6: Sewing the Little Fella Together
2. Stitch up legs and overall bottoms (blue knitting)
3. Stitch up head and black strap.
4. Stuff and sew up the back.
5. Sew up arms and attach to body.
6. Attach eye to the front of the black stripe.
7. Sew grey eye surround into a circle, stitch around the eye. Run yarn around the side, and pull to tighten around the goggle eye.
8. Attach straps to the back of the minion, crossing over his back.
9. Attach to top of overalls with black thread.
10. Stitch on a smile.
I like to over stuff them a little... then they are fairly robust. If you were making this for an under 3yr old, I would suggest sewing on an eye made of felt, or using a safety eye. Goggle eyes are delicious to small children.