Step 5: Tomato Soup With Fish Balls and Red Wine - Red Day Dinner
The end of Red Day was a success, with a simple tomato soup. We ate that and prepared meals ahead for the rest of the week.
It turns out there are lots of good red foods, more than we could make in one day. Some other things from our list:
spicy tuna sashimi salad (spicy tuna w/o the roll)
roasted red peppers
Cranberry sauce, pie, or cobbler
Tomato Soup with Fish Balls:
2 onions, chopped
handful garlic, chopped
2 Knorr chicken+tomato boullion cubes
6 roma/plum tomatoes, chopped
large can whole tomatoes in juice (chop into chunks with spoon or fingers)
can tomato paste
water as needed
handful mushrooms, finely chopped
1 package cuttlefish balls
- Saute onions and garlic until soft.
- Add pepper and boullion cubes, and stir until dissolved.
- Add fresh tomatoes and stir until covered in seasonings.
- Add canned tomatoes, and water as necessary to thin the paste.
- Add mushrooms, and simmer until everything has cooked down. Adjust seasonings.
- Add cuttlefish balls, and simmer until heated through.
Hit the Red playlist again (or just turn on Red Right Hand on repeat), and sit down to dinner in all of your red gear. Pretend you like drinking red wine. Serve sriracha (rooster sauce) as your only condiment.