And then I'll tell you how to make a thousand.
(And it's really easier than you'd think.) (:
(1,016 are in the picture below.)
Step 1: Making a square
1. Start with your (rectangular) sheet.
2. This is where your fold will be.
3. Fold the top edge to the side edge; make sure you crease well.
4. Cut off the excess.
Step 2: The square base
1. Do preliminary folding. Fold corner to corner and edge to edge. (see picture for visual)
2. Fold the left corner to the bottom corner... You will NOT yet be able to flatten it. Keep the figure not-flat.
3. Then bring the right corner to the bottom corner...
4. You should have something like this... (the red is on the INSIDE btw)
5. Then put the top corner to the bottom.
6. Now you should have this: a squarish figure.