How to make Almond Milk
It’s easier than you think, way less expensive and healthier than commercial.
Soak a cup of almonds in filtered water for 4 to 10 hours.
Put it in a blender for a minute with 4 cups of water depending on consistency you prefer. (the more water the thinner the consistency.)
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 cup raw almonds that have been soaked 4 hours
- Sweeteners and/or flavorings, such as pinch of salt, raw honey, vanilla, nutmeg, etc. (optional)
- Blender and wire strainer or nut-milk bag.
- 1 cup almonds - Soak almonds 4 hours and strain water.
- Place 4 cups filtered water with soaked almonds in blender. (can add a pinch of sea or pink Himalayan salt to bring out flavor)
- Blend on high speed for 1 minute.
- Pour contents from blender through nut milk straining bag or screen strainer.
- Close bag and strain almond milk by squeezing milk through bag.
- If desired, sweeten with raw honey or vanilla or stevia.
It's always best to buy ingredients Locally, Raw, and organic but if you can't find them, here are my suggestions: (click photos for links)
Here is a Stevia I like -
I like this honey -
Organic Nutmeg ground -
You can also add:
A teaspoon of vanilla extract - http://amzn.to/2jaN4VH
A pinch of vanilla powder - http://amzn.to/2jZtqjY
A pinch of Ceylon cinnamon - http://amzn.to/2jZwSuZ
Warning - It is important to note that most almonds, even organic almonds are pasteurized in dangerous chemicals or high heat destroying their nutritional value. Almonds should be raw, organic and unpasteurized. (see info about that here - http://www.organicpastures.com/raw-almond-expose.html)
You can buy raw, organic, and unpasteurized Almonds here -
You can also make a great hot chocolate by combining heated almond milk with raw cacao and a sweetener of your choice. Get raw organic Cacao powder here:
This is a great substitute for Commercial Almond milk, soy milk or any other commercial milk. I would like to point out that almond milk is no where near as healthy a substitute for RAW (not pasteurized) Goat or Cows milk. If you can get this in your state, I would recommend drinking that.
Alternative method of making Almond Butter - You can also make with raw (organic) almond butter (2 table spoons) with 4 cups of water.