Introduction: How to Make Bluetooth Controlled Lamp
Hey guys! I am back with another cool project from our channel 'Being Engineers'. If you want to make a simple Bluetooth Controlled Lamp but don't know how to start, then you have come to the right place. Let's get on with it!
Step 1: Make the App
Firstly you will have to make the app to control it.
1. Search MIT App Inventor 2 in Google
2. Sign in with your Google Account (if you haven't)
3. Select 'New Project' and give 'Project Name'
Now, follow the rest of the steps on how to make this app in the video given above. You will see that first we have made the layout and then we will do the design part (or rather the algorithm).
Step 2: Install the App and Upload the Code to Arduino
After you have completed, save and build it.
Save it in desktop as .apk file.
Transfer the app to your mobile and install it. Here is the download link of the .apk file that we made.
The link for Arduino code!
Step 3: Components
It's time to list down the components.
The detailed description of the components is given in the video. Do have a look.
1. Arduino UNO
2. 12V or 5V Relay Module
3. Power Source board
4. HC-05 Bluetooth Module
6. Wall socket plugs
I have also provided the Best Buy Links:
Arduino UNO - http://fkrt.it/lZ8k2uuuuN
Jumper wires - http://fkrt.it/TZ5!QuuuuN
Relay Module(2 channel, 5V) - http://fkrt.it/EUKwTNNNNN
HC -05 Bluetooth Module - http://fkrt.it/SAWxouuuuN
12V DC Adapter - http://fkrt.it/FxXJKuuuuN
Arduino Uno - http://amzn.to/297Q1Xc
Jumper wires - http://amzn.to/298KnnX
Relay Module(2 channel, 5V) - http://amzn.to/298Ltjd
HC -05 Bluetooth Module - http://amzn.to/298LAvx
12V DC adapter - http://amzn.to/298LPqe
Screw driver set - http://amzn.to/298MaJm
Step 4: Circuit
So are you ready? Let's begin with the circuit!
Check the diagram above. You can also follow the step in the video. It will be better to understand. But still I am chalking out the steps briefly.
1. VCC of HC-05 => 5V pin of UNO
2. GND of HC-05 => GND of UNO
[1. and 2. to power the Bluetooth Module]
3. Tx of HC-05 => Rx of UNO
4. Rx of HC-05 => Tx of UNO
5. 5V pin from Power Source Board => Vin pin of UNO
6. GND from Power Source Board => another GND of UNO
[5. and 6. to power the UNO which in turn would power Bluetooth Module]
7. pin 10 of UNO => pin 2 of Relay
8. VCC of Relay Board => 12V pin of Power Source Board
9. GND of Relay Board => GND pin of Power Source Board
Step 5: It's Finally Done!
1. Open your mobile settings.
2. Open Bluetooth and turn ON.
3. Pair with HC-05 by default pin ID 1234 (if it gives an error, try with 0000)
4. Open the app, select Bluetooth device : HC-05.
5. If the label shows 'connected', then it is done. Touch ON and OFF button and see the result!
I hope you have enjoyed the video and this Instructables. We would love to have some feedback. :)
Don't forget to subscribe to our channel Being Engineers
Like our Facebook page for more updates : FB_BE
Follow us on Twitter: TW_BE
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.