With Instructables you can share what you make with the world and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
share step-by-step photos with text instructions
share one or more photos in one step quickly and easily
share your how-to video
Welcome to How To Tuesdays, Threadbanger's summer special. Today we are going to answer a viewer's question and show you how to make an awesome pair o...
1. Put on the pants, measure and make a mark about 2 inches below the bottom of your knee.
2. Lay the pants flat and draw a straight line using tailor's chalk and a straight edge.
3. Cut the pant legs off at the line and turn them inside out. Now, fold up the shorts bottoms about an inch up and pin. Do this for both sides. Be su...
4. Once the bottoms are completely pinned, sew a seam around both short legs.
5. Now get out a piece of paper and cut out an image. This will be the design on your shorts.
6. Fold your shorts in half so that one of the side seams is facing up. Then place your pattern over it. Once you have it in the right position, pin t...
7. Cut the inside part of the shape out, flip the shorts over and repeat on the other side.
8. Now take your Hawaiian shirt and cute out 2 pieces of fabric that are big enough to cover your pattern generously.
9. Take one of your squares and pin it inside one of your cut-outs. Then sew a seam around your cut-out. Once you're finished, repeat on the other sid...
10. After you're done, take the tie and strategically pin it around the top of your pants.
11. Cut a hole in the tie where the first button is, cut a hole and pull the button through the tie. Then fold the tie over the button, cut another ho...
12. Lastly, sew the tie to the pants and you've got yourself some new boardshorts!
13. And if you're daring enough, you can deconstruct the suit top to match!
Tag files as:
Posted:Jun 27, 2007
HOW TO SEW EASY SUMMER SWIM SUIT TOP Bandeau Bow TOP BATHING TOP
HOW TO SEW EASY Marilyn Monroe DRESS CLASSIC 40/50 INSPIRED
How To Make a Bow Tie For Prom
How to Make a Jean Purse
How to Make a Vest out of a T-Shirt
How To Make a Beanie, Poncho and Mittens From an Old Sweater
How To Take an Old 80's Prom Dress and Make it 2008!
How to Make Your Own Hoodie
How To Make a Hot Bikini Out of Old T-Shirts
How to Make a Rain Poncho out of a Shower Curtain
Download our new apps for iOS and android!
PDF DownloadsAs a Pro member, you will gain access to download any Instructable in the PDF format.
You also have the ability to customize your PDF download.